Every business is looking for cost effective solutions that also offer the resilience required.
Making sure your business has a fast and reliable internet connection allows your company to make optimal use of the flexibility and opportunity that the Cloud offers.
Data Comm Solutions, with business grade service level agreements, allow your business the peace of mind to know that your internet connection is always protected; making it ideal for companies with mission critical data.
- Fast internet speeds will give your company the ability to split your voice and data services, without the worry of one not working properly. The bandwidth allows you to utilise your services to the best possible standards.
- Offsite backups are simple and reliable – always keep your data secure should anything happen on premises.
- Distributed systems – data and applications can be available from anywhere.
- Fast internet speeds also give you the ability to run VoIP (Voice over IP telephony) which will ensure a saving.
- A fast and reliable internet connection is essential for small, medium and large businesses who are taking advantage of cloud based applications.
Data Comms Explained
- Commonly referred to as broadband, it is an internet service provider over copper lines.
- Maximum speed of 24Mbps download and 1Mbps upload but users very rarely experience these speeds.
- Speed is dependent on distance from the exchange as well as the contention on the line.
Ethernet over Copper (EFM)
- Can have 2 copper pairs – EFM Dual – up to 10Mbps or 4 copper pairs – EFM Quad – up to20Mbps… symmetrical (same bandwidth both ways).
- Widely available in the UK, fixed price service with guaranteed un-contended bandwidth and a business grade Service Level Agreement.
Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC)
- Commonly referred to as Super Fast Broadband, it is an internet service provided over Fibre.
- Maximum speed of 80MBps download and 20MBps upload though typically users will experience a lot less than this. Speed is dependent on distance from the exchange as well as contention.
- Cheapest cost per MB
Ethernet over Fibre To The Cabinet (EoFTTC)
- Businesses requiring constant connectivity and high availability to the Internet can alleviate the risk of a fault on their main connection using this cost-effective connection option.
- Up to 80Mb download and 20Mb upload.
- High performance, reliable, un-contended with Service Level Agreement.
Leased Line (Ethernet over Fibre)
- Offers high performance and business-grade reliability, it is your own dedicated pipe to the internet.
- Bandwidth is available in 10Mb increments up to 100Mb – Speeds are symmetrical.
- Fixed cost and un-contended with 24/7×365 Service Level Agreement. Often comes with an ADSL failover line free of charge.
Have A Problem? Talk To Us
From IT emergencies to niggling issues to fully customised software solutions, the Minerva team is ready to help your IT run smoothly, leaving you more time to run your business.